• You are here
HeatherB
Junior Boarder
Inspiration move me brightly

Support Breast Cancer Research

#62040 3 years, 1 month ago
Hello Forum Friends -

On October 1st, I'll be joining a great group of people on a walk to raise money for breast cancer research. The walk is organized by the Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation, in southern CT. The main reason that I support this organization is because, unlike many other organizations, 100% of the donations they receive go directly to researchers working to find a cure for breast cancer. No part of the donations are used for admin expenses. I'll be doing the full marathon walk - 26.2 miles!

If you would like to donate, follow the link below. You can sponsor me by typing "Heather" in the space for frist name and "b" in the space for last name. I'm the only one that will come up. you'll also find a lot of other information about the organization on the website.

www.terribrodeurbreastcancerfoundation.o...nsor_participant.asp

Whether or not you choose to donate, please wish for good weather on October 1st. It's a long, long walk when it's pouring rain.

Many thanks to all.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Support Breast Cancer Research

#62138 3 years, 1 month ago
good luck my mom and both my sisters do a similar walk for the cure every year its a round the clock typet hing they set up tents and one member of the team has to be on the track at all .i get hit up by them for donations so i can only wish for good weather for ya as im tappped out
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#64266 3 years ago
I just gave you a small donation, good luck on the walk. I've done a few 10K charity walks, and the crowds have always been so supportive even rain would not have "brought us down".

Hopefully someday they will find a cure, or a way to find this awful disease earlier. We have plenty of what they call "clusters" here on Long Island (NY) but no answers why.

Women,visit your OBGYN's annually and do your mammograms and Pap smears whenever they are recommended. I know from experience with both my mother and wife - both tests do save lives, as long as they are done early enough.

And educate yourselves on the "relatively new" shots available for teenage girls. We chose to have the shots for our teenage daughter, cause Cancer sucks.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
HeatherB
Junior Boarder

#64278 3 years ago
Thank you, Scar1et, for the donation. Very nice of you.

And good advice. I just had my mammogram today. Not the most pleasant experience but too important to put it off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
HeatherB
Junior Boarder

#64309 3 years ago
Thanks to you 83MSG too for the good weather wishes. Forecast looks good at the moment.
judit
Junior Boarder

#64456 3 years ago
Hey, good going, Heatherb. Walk on!

FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
HeatherB
Junior Boarder

#66067 3 years ago
The big walk is tomorrow. Weather forecast is now not looking so great so keep those good weather wishes coming.

Thanks to a couple of forum members and GD/Furthur fans, I've got a great design for the t-shirt I'll be wearing for the walk (part of it is shown in my new profile pic). At this point, I've raised over $1,200 for breast cancer research but even more would be better. If anyone still wants to donate, see my first post in this thread for the link. A huge thanks goes out to those who have donated to this great cause.
HeatherB
Junior Boarder

#66143 3 years ago
I have now made this a contest between the phil zone and this forum for donation dollars. So, if you make a donation, be sure to indicate on the bottom of the online form something about Furthur Forum or "FF" for short.

PZ and FF are, at this point, exactly tied.

You have until midnight tonight. Results will be announced.

And begin . . .
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#66270 3 years ago
HeatherB wrote:
I have now made this a contest between the phil zone and this forum for donation dollars. So, if you make a donation, be sure to indicate on the bottom of the online form something about Furthur Forum or "FF" for short.

PZ and FF are, at this point, exactly tied.

You have until midnight tonight. Results will be announced.

And begin . . .

Best of luck tomorrow. And very cool avatar!
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Musica
Fresh Boarder

#66313 3 years ago
As a recent breast cancer survivor awaiting another surgery, I am looking for a kind soul to sponser myself and my husband/caregiver with two general admission tickets to the Further Festival at Red Rocks in Morrison, CO on Sunday, October 2nd. Even with health insurance, a major illness can break the bank and I'm looking for some respite for my husband and a miracle! Please contact Jen at 303-718-0632--we live just 15 minutes from the theatre. Thanks!
Time to create page: 1.48 seconds