• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MWoods
Junior Boarder
Posts:162

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24575 3 years, 4 months ago
Lynx wrote:
I wanna complain about the karma smiters. They win. I'm going the way of the platypus.

It wasn't me
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2730

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24577 3 years, 4 months ago
Totem wrote:
You faggot, motherfucker, transsexual, Bush loving, Republican, dick sucking war loving, maggot, I'm gonna skull fuck you, rip your fucking lungs out and shove them down your throat for lunch.
You mean that type of discourse? I hear ya. This place is totally all about that. What's up wit dat mutha fucka?


Stop talking about your momma like that! lol. And thank you for white font you Obama loving, tree hugging democrat.
Totem
Visitor

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24580 3 years, 4 months ago
Sorry man, you just gained another karma point. The pink font is for neverstop66
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2730

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24582 3 years, 4 months ago
Lynx, if you tap out I'm gonna be sooooo disappointed. Me and 420 are gonna get together and start threads begging for your return! Don't let the smiters win. Besides, your all out of balance. You need to keep your karma even, you know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2730

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24585 3 years, 4 months ago
Lynx wrote:
I wanna complain about the karma smiters. They win. I'm going the way of the platypus.


I just bumped you another karma point for trying to reason with these karma smiters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1784
More negative karma please =-)

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24589 3 years, 4 months ago
Im for abolishing the whole furthur karma system in general. Its reaallly quite childish, especiallly considering its on a FURTHUR forum. Reminds me of the ridiculousness of highschool hierarchy. So, those for disbanding the Karma system say "I"

Dude Im for changing the name of this post to Abolishing Karma, so i dont have to make a new post( could but immm bout to smoke a bowl and cant bother with such tomfoolery. hahaha. i love you all
Ill forego the normal P.S.'s
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder
Posts:733

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24601 3 years, 4 months ago
Ok, I'll give this thing a stab..a few random thoughts..

I see the point of the Karma rating, myself...instead of being defensive about it have you considered why it's there?
It's all fine and good to have freedom of speech and to have fun but do you think of others when saying something or are you only interested in your thoughts? I see people say things like, "hey, it's my thought and you have yours so why are you interested in what I think, why are you concerned?"

Well, why did you post something on an internet board if you don't care how it affects others? It's an interactive community and your words do affect others, it's just how it works. A big part of the GD community is built on caring about others while having a good time. Both are possible, and lots of both.

I was having a tough time finding topics I had been a part of until I found the "my topics" feature so that may be another part of it for people that my have a problem with what goes on at times. This is just me, I'm not saying it's for everyone but I try to limit my topics so I don't bury topics started by others, it just seems considerate to me and that is only speaking for myself.

I know it's cool for me to come back to a topic I took part in and see what has gone on since and that's difficult if it's been buried on page 4 and yep, if someone been away a day or two and see 10 topics on the same subject or made by 1 person it
may agitate them to see that their topic died under a pile of stuff.

I'm not talking about anything in particular, just taking another view and trying to understand the whole picture. I'm not invested one way or another. It's curious that some say they don't care about the points but are so bothered by this system..which is it? Does anyone want a point from me or for me to deduct one? I've never done it to this day but it looks like an important issue to some folks.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
MWoods
Junior Boarder
Posts:162

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24659 3 years, 4 months ago
sjfgreenman wrote:
Ok, I'll give this thing a stab..a few random thoughts..

I see the point of the Karma rating, myself...instead of being defensive about it have you considered why it's there?
It's all fine and good to have freedom of speech and to have fun but do you think of others when saying something or are you only interested in your thoughts? I see people say things like, "hey, it's my thought and you have yours so why are you interested in what I think, why are you concerned?"

Well, why did you post something on an internet board if you don't care how it affects others? It's an interactive community and your words do affect others, it's just how it works. A big part of the GD community is built on caring about others while having a good time. Both are possible, and lots of both.

I was having a tough time finding topics I had been a part of until I found the "my topics" feature so that may be another part of it for people that my have a problem with what goes on at times. This is just me, I'm not saying it's for everyone but I try to limit my topics so I don't bury topics started by others, it just seems considerate to me and that is only speaking for myself.

I know it's cool for me to come back to a topic I took part in and see what has gone on since and that's difficult if it's been buried on page 4 and yep, if someone been away a day or two and see 10 topics on the same subject or made by 1 person it
may agitate them to see that their topic died under a pile of stuff.

I'm not talking about anything in particular, just taking another view and trying to understand the whole picture. I'm not invested one way or another. It's curious that some say they don't care about the points but are so bothered by this system..which is it? Does anyone want a point from me or for me to deduct one? I've never done it to this day but it looks like an important issue to some folks.


For someone who started off this thread by being so confrontational you're being awfully preachy now
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder
Posts:733

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24843 3 years, 4 months ago
LOL...this?
"Wait are you complaining about the complaints? I have a problem with this....seriously."
Sarcasm, my friend
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by sjfgreenman.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3691

Re: Complaint Dept. (Thread Title Changed...

#24873 3 years, 4 months ago
sjfgreenman wrote:
LOL...this?
"Wait are you complaining about the complaints? I have a problem with this....seriously."
Sarcasm, my friend


that's a funny point - we've degraded into making complaints about complaints.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjfgreenman
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds